Each month our Gallery Store will feature a seasonal selection of work by our talented craft artists.
January: Pottery for soups, casseroles and stews
Winter is the season for gathering with family and friends to share warming soups, casseroles and stews.
Our Gallery Store will be featuring a wonderful selection of handcrafted pottery dishes made by our juried artists that are sure to make your favorite dishes taste wonderful!
Come visit and chose from a variety of :
Casseroles. Chowder bowls. Mugs. Oven to table ware.
Here is a favorite recipe by Delia Smith for you to try:
- 1 largish cauliflower
- 570ml stock (a light chicken stock or just plain water)
- 1 bay leaf
- 570ml semi-skimmed milk
- 350g potatoes, peeled and chopped small
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cream, half-fat crème fraiche or soured cream (whatever’s available)
- First separate the florets of the cauliflower from the hard stalk (this can be kept and grated for a salad).
- Now you need to separate the florets themselves into very tiny pieces.
- In a medium saucepan bring the stock and bay leaf to simmering point, throw in the little pieces of cauliflower and simmer for about 6 minutes, or until they are just cooked but still have some ‘bite’. Lift them out with a draining spoon and keep them on one side.
- Pour in the milk and add the potatoes. Simmer gently without a lid until the potatoes are soft – about 10 minutes.
- Next run the soup through a sieve, or liquidize it, and return it to the saucepan.
- Return the cauliflower to the saucepan and reheat gently, adding a squeeze of lemon juice, some seasoning, and a scraping of nutmeg.
- Stir in the cream just before serving.
Orin joined our metals faculty last year. He was born and raised in the Upper Valley and loves his connection to this place, land, and people. Having spent his career in jewelry, he seeks to share some of what he’s learned. Orin started working at Hanover’s Designer Gold in 2000 and continues to make his designs, as well as those of his customers, come to life there.
In the winter semester Orin teaches a series of classes suitable to beginner and intermediate jewelry makers/metal smiths. He teaches twice a day at 9am-Noon and 6-9pm classes on Tuesdays. Here are his upcoming classes
- Metals 101: Make A Hammered Ring, January 2-16
- Using A Jeweler’s Saw, January 23 to February 23
- Metal: Ring In Spring, February 27-March 20.
13 Lebanon Street
Hanover, NH 03755
603 643 5384
CRAFTSTUDIES OFFICE HOURS:
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
JOIN THE LEAGUE LEAGUE HEADQUARTERS
OUR MISSION: The mission of the League of NH Craftsmen is to encourage, nurture and promote the creation, use and preservation of fine contemporary and traditional craft through the inspiration and education of artists and the broader community.
© League of NH Craftsmen. All rights reserved.
Partial funding for development of this website made possible by a Rural Business Enterprise Grant through the Northern Community Investment Corporation from USDA Rural Development.