The Hanover League of NH Craftsmen came into being on September 8, 1940, when 100 residents of Hanover, led by Mrs. Margaret Cusick and Robert Strong, Dean of Dartmouth College, joined the state organization.
In 1952, Dartmouth offered the Hanover League a wooden a two-story building on Lebanon Street—where the Hopkins Center now stands. In 1958 we swapped it for land across the street. Our current building was completed in the fall of 1959 and named as a memorial to Robert C. Strong.
In 2000 we gained 501(c)(3) status, and continue to accept tax-deductible donations.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
JOIN THE LEAGUE LEAGUE HEADQUARTERS
OUR MISSION: The mission of the League of NH Craftsmen is to encourage, nurture and promote the creation, use and preservation of fine contemporary and traditional craft through the inspiration and education of artists and the broader community.
© League of NH Craftsmen. All rights reserved.
Partial funding for development of this website made possible by a Rural Business Enterprise Grant through the Northern Community Investment Corporation from USDA Rural Development.